The days all seem to blend together these days. Katy was resting well when I saw her this morning. They were able to embolize the artery that they believe was the cause of the bleeding. Now we just wait and see. Lickily, her blood cultures only returned a litle bit of yeast…NOT MRSA. That is good. MRSA would be a horrible set back, and a vicious infection to battle.
The docotrs will monitir her blood pressure, h&h, and other levels to see if the bleeding has stopped. I hope this is the last time we have to go through this. I asked what is causing this bleeding to occur. I get a few different answers that all add up to “we don’t really know.” The concensus seems to be stress. I believe that is true, plus I feel that the antibiotics, lack of consistent gi feeding, etc all contribute to the problem. That being said, what do I know?
After a sleepless night, my plan is to be up here through the 5pm visit. They should have her resting in the evening, so I will go back to the apartment and try to do luandry, eat, sleep. I know I should be using the exercise room, but I haven’t felt up to it. Maybe soon. The emotional ups and downs are keeping me constantly tired.
I will post more info as it is given to me. These days are the hardest. Not much is happening, but I feel the most anxious. Information will be slow as they need to evaluate for a day or so to make sure she isn’t bleeding. This will probably push her surgery back a day or so. She is scheduled to have surgery this week to analyze her wounds, maybe FINALLY close them, and look at the areas on her hips that may need debriedment or surgery.
Love to all,