We had our morning meeting with the doctor and nurse on duty. She is still showing consistency with regards to her vitals, though we still need to see her heartrate come down. The DIC seems to be one of the major inhibitors in making any major progress. For those of you who don’t know, DIC is a condition in which the blood thins and clots simultaneously. This makes is almost impossible to treat either problem without risking increasing the other. A real life catch22.
We talked about the ventilator, what the parameters were for weening her off, trachiostomy (spelling?), etc. She is having an eeg (brain scan) today, but the results will take a few days to be reviewed. There is (pray for it not to be so) a chance that she had a stroke while in coma. They have no way of knowing until they can CAT scan her. There is a possibility of that happening in the next few days.
Katy is now on “drop isolation.” Simply put, no one but immediate family, and then with gowns, masks, gloves, etc. The family is even limiting contact (except me), so that we can limit the possibilty of outgoing contamination. If you would like to come visit me, and send prayers to Katy via the waiting room, please come at 9am, 5pm, and 9pm. I am here most of the time, but I am having to run and do errands that only I can do (birth certificates/ssn). I am off to deal with the courthouse, but will be back soon. Thanks, again, for all of your love and support.